|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
These are suggestions for you to build upon. Be creative...JuliaPlease take a moment to read the Use Policy for Themes at the bottom of the page before leaving. Thanks!
Up With The Chickens!
Women's Ministry Theme
This theme centers around waking up and walking with the Lord and having a closer relationship with Him. A great time to stress having a devotional life and have an emphasis on morning prayer. A fun time to serve breakfast or brunch
Alternative Theme Titles
- Early Will I Seek Thee
- Mornings With the Lord
- Seek Him Early
- Thy Lovingkindness in the Mornings
- Daily Walking With the Lord
- Waking Up With Jesus on My Mind
- Perking Up!
- Good Morning SONshine!
- See the CoffeeTheme for more ideas.
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee." Psalm 143:8
- "O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;" Psalm 63:1
- "My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." Psalm 5:3
- Waking Up To The Good Stuff
- Daily Walking Close To Thee
- Devotional Index
- Any color combination.
- Gather up all the chickens and roosters you can find to decorate with.
- Use alarm clocks, egg baskets, and anything geared for mornings.
- If you want, you could even make the whole thing have a farm appeal to go along with the chickens and roosters. A few hay bales or a little straw. Some chicken crates standing about and anything that has chicken wire on it. A section of free-standing fence with a wooden or stuffed rooster attached to the top fence rail might be fun. Milk cans, weather vanes, even a few other farm animals could be used to bring it all together.
- Throw in a few kitchen appliances such as toasters, etc.
- For flowers, accent with sunflowers or daisies.
For The Tables
- Any type of chickens or roosters (ceramic, wood, knick knacks) mixed in with a few clocks and candles.
- A few simple arrangements of daisies in mason jars may be all you need.
- Morning Window - Make a window scene with a morning sun. You could paint a scene with the sun coming up to be seen through the window. Having a light shinning on the scene to look like light coming in the window would make a nice effect. Don't forget to hang some curtains. If you are going the farm route you could make them country style curtains out of gingham or a country print.
- Morning Farm Scene Mural - Paint a farm scene mural. Have the sun coming up behind a scene of barn, fence with a rooster, and a few farm animals or farm accents.
- Table Top Display - If you only have room for a table top display, you could use mini size hay bales (like you get at the craft store), chicken-wire crates, roosters, chickens, and alarm clocks, basket of eggs, along with a nice size Bible and even some devotional books could be used.
Games and Ice-breakers
- Sunflower Seed Count - If you've decided to use sunflowers for accents, fill up a mason jar with sunflower seeds and have everyone guess the total number. Choose as small a jar as you can so you don't have to count too many for preparation:)
- Icebreakers Index
- God is So Good Chorus (God Answers Prayer...He Loves Me so)
- Day By Day
- Just a Closer Walk With Thee
- Ere You Left Your Room
- Biscuit Cutter/Recipe Card - Find a good biscuit recipe and make up on nice recipe cards. Tie a biscuit cutter to the card with ribbon.
- Miniature Jelly Jars - Use miniature jelly or canning jars. Fill with your choice of jelly or apple butter. Make circle jar covers out of country prints and pink the edges. Place on a label with your event information and tie up with raffia or ribbons.
- Craft and Favor Ideas.
Just For Fun
- Recipe Book of Breakfast Foods - This is a do ahead project. Gather breakfast recipes from your ladies ahead of time such as biscuit recipes, etc. Make up a cookbook of the recipes to pass out at your event. Make sure you note who submitted each recipe.
- Anything with chickens or roosters (Dishtowels, aprons, pillows, pictures, etc.)
- Anything with a sunburst or sunshine.
- Devotional Book
- Book on Prayer
- Alarm Clock
- Gift certificate for a restaurant that serves breakfast
- Gift certificate to Starbucks or Coffee Shop
- Subscription to a morning paper
- Container of Maple or specialty flavored syrup
- Waffle Iron
- Egg Poacher
- Egg Timer
- Bag of Coffee (specialty coffee flavors would be fun)
- Box or Bag of doughnuts
- Coffee Gift Basket(specialty coffees, coffee mugs, sugar and creamer set)
- Morning Gift Basket(Choose from breakfast things such as, pancake mix and flavored syrups. Muffin mixes or pre done muffins wrapped up in cellophane. Miniature boxes of cereal with cereal bowels, specialty coffee, kitchen towels, kitchen utensils such as whisk, spatula, etc.)
- See the Door Prize Ideas
- See the Skits Page
- Serve Breakfast or Brunch
- Food Resource Page
- Entertaining Page
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
|Abbreviated Use Policy:
- The theme page ideas may be printed off for planning purposes; however, no permission is granted for reprinting the material to websites, blogs, message boards or online use of any kind.
- This includes no permission for submitting the ideas to other women's ministry forums (open or private -- member fee or free). Please make a link to this website if you want to share.
- Please do not submit the ideas to ministries, websites, magazines, book authors and publishers, or newsletters to be published on or off-line.
- This page is here as a free resource to help local church women's ministry groups. Thanks for respecting the User Policy in order for the outreach of this website to remain fruitful.
See the Full User Policy Here.