|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
These are suggestions for you to build upon. Be creative...JuliaPlease take a moment to read the Use Policy for Themes
at the bottom of the
page before leaving. Thanks!
Head Of The Class
Women's Ministry Theme
This theme revolves around getting back to the basics in our Christian lives.
Alternative Theme Titles
- Back To School
- Study To Show Thyself Approved
- Get On The Bus!
- God's Teaching Me Everyday
- A Well Taught Woman In Christ
- Teach Me Thy Ways
- What To Know
- Back To The Book
- Learning At The Feet of Jesus
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "Study to show thyself approved unto God..." 2 Timothy 2:15
- "To know wisdom and instruction..." Proverbs 1:2a
- Learning to Learn
- Teachable Spirits
- CliffsNotes Living
- Back To School For The Christian
- Back to School Printable Outline
- What To Know
- Wisdom Getters
- More Devotionals by Julia
- Primary Colors (Basic Crayon Colors)
- Decorate using school supplies.
- Apples, globes, book stacks, backpacks, crayons, scissors, containers of pencils, glue bottles, etc.
- Bulletin boards, charts, large calendar, school signs.
- See your local party store for school cut outs such as school buses, apples, etc.
- Check your Dollar Tree stores as they now carry a lot of teacher supplies.
- Julia's Back to School Pinterest Board
For The Tables
- Baskets of Crayons and school supplies.
- Use desk name plates.
- Word Strips with verses printed on them.
Games and Ice-breakers:
- Icebreakers Index
- Sing some songs that you sang in grade school such as "She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain", "Oh, Susannah", etc.
- Sing some chorus' such as "The B-I-B-L-E" and "The Crayon Box Song" (Child Bible Songs)
- Any school supply such as pens, ruler, etc. with your theme or verse attached.
- Goodie Filled Lunch Bag - Use small size lunch bags and fill with a few candies, pen, mini notebook, or other small items.
- Goodie Filled Pencil Case. - You can usually get the inexpensive ones for 1.00 or less. Fill with a few candies, pen, mini notebook, or other small items.
- Candy Pencils on Julia's Blog
- Small Journals
- Small pretty spiral notebooks for taking notes. Sometimes you can get these rather inexpensively and they make some really sweet feminine ones nowadays.
- Crafts and Favors.
Just For Fun
- Have time slots for different school subjects and allow so many minutes for each. You could make stations or areas in which to do each.
Jan Brett has some printable school "Area" signs on her website.
- Orientation - Greet everyone and let them know that you'll being going "Back to School" for the night. Give any instructions or announcements.
- Spelling - Give a Spelling Pop Quiz or have a game time with a Spelling Bee and use hard to spell words or names from the bible such as Nebuchadnezzar, Bildad the Shuhite, Malachi etc.
- Art - Have a craft project.
- Music - Have someone teach a new chorus. Have some hymn histories of various hymns typed out for your ladies to take home.
- Math - Give a Math Pop Quiz. Have a game time with a quiz of biblical number questions.
- Science - Share something special or something unique about one of God's creations.
- Geography - Have a Missionary display featuring the missionaries that your church supports. Use maps, a globe, missionary cards, etc. Have someone read a few highlights from recent missionary letters.
- Reading - Have your devotional time. Make sure you "read" from your bible.
- Give out "homework". Bible verses to memorize, chapter to read, someone specific to pray for, etc.
- Make a Classroom Helper Chart:
Fill in names from your group with a job for the evening such as serving coffee, passing out handouts, taking attendance, refreshment duty, etc.
- Have everyone bring in their high school or college yearbooks or old school photos for a sharing time.
- Conversation Starter - Ask your ladies to share about a specific teacher that impacted them in some way.
- Project: Make up shoeboxes or baskets full of school supplies for your church children's Sunday School teachers. Collect supplies such as stickers, tape, colored pencils, markers, etc. Anything you might think would enhance their teaching.
- Christian Books
- Study Bible
- Pen/Pencil Set
- Pocket Calendar
- Doorprize page
- CLM Skit Links
- For a snack serve Milk and cookies:)
- Sack Lunches
- Food Resource Page
- Entertaining Page
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
|Abbreviated Use Policy:
- The theme page ideas may be printed off for planning purposes; however, no permission is granted for reprinting the material to websites, blogs, message boards or online use of any kind.
- This includes no permission for submitting the ideas to other women's ministry forums (open or private -- member fee or free). Please make a link to this website if you want to share.
- Please do not submit the ideas to ministries, websites, magazines, book authors and publishers, or newsletters to be published on or off-line.
- This page is here as a free resource to help local church women's ministry groups. Thanks for respecting the User Policy in order for the outreach of this website to remain fruitful.
See the Full User Policy Here.