|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
These are suggestions for you to build upon. Be creative...JuliaPlease take a moment to read the Use Policy for Themes
at the bottom of the
page before leaving. Thanks!
October - Breast Cancer Awareness
Women's Ministry Theme
This theme revolves around raising awareness of breast cancer issues. Umbrellas represent the shelter of God's love and care for us from the "rain" of the storms in our lives. An ideal event for a women's health focus. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Alternative Theme Titles
- Raindrops Keep Falling
- Pretty and Pink
- The Power of Pink
- Women's Health Fair
- Think Pink!
- Tickled Pink
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a
- Keep Calm by Julia.
- Under His Wings by Julia.
- Bump in the Night by Julia.
- Caught In The Storm by Julia.
- Rain by “Nikki” Simcox. (Nikki is a long time member of our CLM Hen House)
- Here are a few online sources for you.
Several Cancer Devotionals (Samples from the book, Praying Through Cancer)
Surviving Breast Cancer (a testimony)
- Ask ahead and have a few breast cancer survivors share their story.
- Devotionals by Julia
- Cream or white accents
- Pink umbrellas (You could make large cut out ones out of pink felt or poster board for walls.)
- Pink balloons
- Pink tablecloths, napkins, etc.
- pink flowers
- Drape arches and doorways with inexpensive pink fabric.
- Make a display of the women within your church/community that have been taken by breast cancer or a survivor display. Use a foam board and cover with pink material. Use scrap booking supplies and papers to make it look nice and neat.
- Check Oriental Trading. They have balloons and several items for Breast Cancer Awareness.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Pinboard (Julia's Pinterest)
For The Tables
- Pink Floral arrangements
- pink candles
Games and Ice-breakers
- Icebreakers Index.
- God Will Make A Way (Don Moen)
- Printable Book Mark - 2 Corinthians 12:9
- TicTac has a new flavor Strawberry Fields that are pink.
- Pink breast cancer ribbons
- Pink candy tied up in pink tulle or cellophane with pink ribbons
- Anything pink
- Check Oriental Trading. They have a whole section now for Breast Cancer Awareness.
- Crafts and Favors.
Just For Fun
- October Breast Cancer Handout (Includes space for names for prayer)
- Have a table with pamphlets, brochures, magazines on women's health.
- For an event for women's health emphasis, Do a workout session (for a smaller less formal event)
- Have a health professional speak on Women's Health.
- Make up your own Breast Cancer Trivia game (there's a lot of sources for Breast Cancer Facts on the internet).
- Have a Fundraiser to support Breast Cancer. (There are several good organizations to donate to).
- Project: Write out cards (or make scrapbooking/stamping cards) for those with breast cancer or for survivors within your church or community.
- Project: Make chemo caps for a local hospital.
- Pink umbrellas.
- Anything pink.
- Doorprize page
- CLM Skit Links
- Pink Frosted cupcakes
- M&M's makes pink M&M's to support breast cancer.
- Pink Smoothies (Strawberry)
- Whipped cream tinted with a drop of red food coloring for dipping fruit
- Pink Lemonade
- They now make breast cancer awareness lollipop molds, cookie cutters, and cake pans too. Check online or where you find Wilton supplies.
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
|Abbreviated Use Policy:
- The theme page ideas may be printed off for planning purposes; however, no permission is granted for reprinting the material to websites, blogs, message boards or online use of any kind.
- This includes no permission for submitting the ideas to other women's ministry forums (open or private -- member fee or free). Please make a link to this website if you want to share.
- Please do not submit the ideas to ministries, websites, magazines, book authors and publishers, or newsletters to be published on or off-line.
- This page is here as a free resource to help local church women's ministry groups. Thanks for respecting the User Policy in order for the outreach of this website to remain fruitful.
See the Full User Policy Here.