Share This Page:
|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
These are suggestions for you to build upon. Be creative...Julia
Hats Off To Mothers!
Women's Ministry Theme
This theme revolves around recognizing Mothers. However; it can be changed to any group you'd like to honor, such as "Hats Off To Volunteers", "...Sunday School Teachers", "...Missionaries".
Alternative Theme Titles
Copyright ©2014-2016 Julia Bettencourt
- Hats Off To Godly Mothers!
- Hats Off To Moms!
- Hats Off!
- Hats Off To Volunteers (See the Volunteer Helps and Ideas Page)
- Hats Off To Sunday School Workers
- Hats Off To Our Missionaries
- Hat Parade
- A Woman of Many Hats
- Filled to the Brim
Theme Verse Suggestion
- "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." Proverbs 31:10
- A study of Colossians Chapter 3 or a Study on Proverbs 31
- Strands of Pearls by Julia
- Volunteer Appreciation by Julia
- Devotionals by Julia
- None Suggested.
- Lots of different types of hats.
- Hat Boxes
- Hat Tree
For The Tables
- Small hat boxes for centerpieces.
- Make centerpieces by turning any type hat upside down and filling with silk flowers and greenery.
- Hat Display - Make a display of different types of hats. Some suggestions would be nurse, bonnet, cowboy hat, etc.
Games and Ice-breakers:
- Icebreakers Index
- Faith Of Our Mothers (hymn)
- Mini Straw Hats.
- Hat Pins
- Hat Magnets
- Candy Bonnets (on Julia's Blog)
- Craft and Favor Ideas.
Just For Fun
- Have a Hat Contest. Give prizes for the most unusual, prettiest, most creative, etc.
- Have a Hat 'Parade'. Have the ladies model their hats. Make up a little narration for each.
- Do a Hat Craft. Provide straw hats, silk flowers, ribbons, etc.
- Do a Hat Box Decoupage Craft. Provide hat boxes/shaker boxes (small paper mache ones are the most reasonable for large groups), printed paper to decoupage, such as magazines, wrapping paper, etc., Modge Podge, etc.
- If daughters are included, you can give them a hat project. (Check online for craft ideas.)
- Share a few historical tidbits on the hat. (Check online for resources.)
- List of Hats Mother's Wear:
- Taxi Hat/Chaffier - drive kids to all their sports, etc.
- Nurse - takes care of kids (and husband) when sick. Kisses the boo boos
- Detective/Sherlock Holmes - Detective to find things
- Garden/Straw Hat - gardening, yard work
- Maid - Cleaning
- Chef - cooking
- Top Hat - always have to be on top of things
- Baseball Cap - Coach and encourages in sports, etc.
- Construction/Hard Hat - Build things up, be strong when hard things come. Move around the furnitive and handy "woman"
- Dunce Cap - Some things we have to be quiet about as a mom. Can't always voice our opinion even though we may want to.
- Fireman/Emergency - steps in during an emergency
- Army Hat - Has to be a drill sargent. Discipline.
- Jester Hat - ability to juggle so many things
- Graduation Hat - Teacher
- Baby Bonnet - Baby our children. Being tender.
- Cowboy Hat - Wrangle those kids. Keep 'em on the trail.
- Bridal Veil - Being a wife
- Crown/Tiara - Child of God. Christian mother.
- Hats Off Poem- This poem came to me as unknown author. If anyone knows of it's origin, please let me know.
Hats Off to Mothers
My mommy's a nurse who fixes and patches
All of my hurts and my sores and my scratches.
My mother's a chef who fixes each dinner
Fit for a king - a blue-ribbon winner!
My mom's a chauffeur who drives pretty slow
But gets me to places where I need to go.
My mom's a detective, and no one is greater
At getting the truth from me sooner or later.
My mommy's a gardener and works really hard,
Planting and weeding and grooming our yard.
My mother's a maid - at least that's what she said
'Cause she cleans up the house and makes every bed.
My mother's an angel - a queen in disguise -
Who teaches the gospel with tears in her eyes.
Today take these hats off, and please wear no other.
Let me do your work, to show
I LOVE YOU, MOTHER!
- Hat Box
- Hat Gift Basket - Turn a large hat upside down and fill with goodies.
- Wrap up with cellophane and ribbons as you would do a basket.
- Decorative Hat (as for a door)
- See the Door Prize Ideas
- Hats Off Mother's Day Sketch (this is an archived link--Spiritual Fruit)
- Many Hats Skit (Dramtix)
- Hat Skit Video (Hearts at Home Conference (You Tube)
- See the Skits Pages for more skit sources.
- No Suggestions
- Light Lunch
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
You are not permitted to reprint this material online or publish it in any way online or off. Only Publishing Exceptions: Individual churches may print the material in off-line newsletters and church bulletins. By using this website, you are binding yourself to these terms.
Best Way to Save These Ideas: Copy and paste into Word (or your document program) retaining copyright info. Adjust your fonts and print. Most of the pages on the website are too long to print out correctly by printing directly from online.