|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
These are suggestions for you to build upon. Be creative...JuliaPlease take a moment to read the Use Policy for Themes at the bottom of the page before leaving. Thanks!
Hats Off To Mothers!
Women's Ministry Theme
This theme revolves around recognizing Mothers. However; it can be changed to any group you'd like to honor, such as "Hats Off To Volunteers", "...Sunday School Teachers", "...Missionaries".
Alternative Theme Titles
- Hats Off To Godly Mothers!
- Hats Off To Moms!
- Hats Off!
- Hats Off To Volunteers (See the Volunteer Helps and Ideas Page)
- Hats Off To Sunday School Workers
- Hats Off To Our Missionaries
- Hat Parade
- A Woman of Many Hats
- Filled to the Brim
Theme Verse Suggestion
- "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." Proverbs 31:10
- A study of Colossians Chapter 3 or a Study on Proverbs 31
- Strands of Pearls by Julia
- Volunteer Appreciation by Julia
- Devotionals by Julia
- None Suggested.
- Lots of different types of hats.
- Hat Boxes
- Hat Tree
For The Tables
- Small hat boxes for centerpieces.
- Make centerpieces by turning any type hat upside down and filling with silk flowers and greenery.
- Hat Display - Make a display of different types of hats. Some suggestions would be nurse, bonnet, cowboy hat, etc.
Games and Ice-breakers:
- Icebreakers Index
- Faith Of Our Mothers (hymn)
- Mini Straw Hats.
- Hat Pins
- Hat Magnets
- Spring Bonnets (Fave Crafts)
- Craft and Favor Ideas.
Just For Fun
- Have a Hat Contest. Give prizes for the most unusual, prettiest, most creative, etc.
- Have a Hat 'Parade'. Have the ladies model their hats. Make up a little narration for each.
- Do a Hat Craft. Provide straw hats, silk flowers, ribbons, etc.
- Do a Hat Box Decoupage Craft. Provide hat boxes/shaker boxes (small paper mache ones are the most reasonable for large groups), printed paper to decoupage, such as magazines, wrapping paper, etc., Modge Podge, etc.
- If daughters are included, you can give them a hat project. (Check online for craft ideas.)
- Share a few historical tidbits on the hat. (Check online for resources.)
- List of Hats Mother's Wear:
- Taxi Hat/Chaffier - drive kids to all their sports, etc.
- Nurse - takes care of kids (and husband) when sick. Kisses the boo boos
- Detective/Sherlock Holmes - Detective to find things
- Garden/Straw Hat - gardening, yard work
- Maid - Cleaning
- Chef - cooking
- Top Hat - always have to be on top of things
- Baseball Cap - Coach and encourages in sports, etc.
- Construction/Hard Hat - Build things up, be strong when hard things come. Move around the furnitive and handy "woman"
- Dunce Cap - Some things we have to be quiet about as a mom. Can't always voice our opinion even though we may want to.
- Fireman/Emergency - steps in during an emergency
- Army Hat - Has to be a drill sargent. Discipline.
- Jester Hat - ability to juggle so many things
- Graduation Hat - Teacher
- Baby Bonnet - Baby our children. Being tender.
- Cowboy Hat - Wrangle those kids. Keep 'em on the trail.
- Bridal Veil - Being a wife
- Crown/Tiara - Child of God. Christian mother.
- Hats Off Poem- This poem came to me as unknown author. If anyone knows of it's origin, please let me know.
Hats Off to Mothers
My mommy's a nurse who fixes and patches
All of my hurts and my sores and my scratches.
My mother's a chef who fixes each dinner
Fit for a king - a blue-ribbon winner!
My mom's a chauffeur who drives pretty slow
But gets me to places where I need to go.
My mom's a detective, and no one is greater
At getting the truth from me sooner or later.
My mommy's a gardener and works really hard,
Planting and weeding and grooming our yard.
My mother's a maid - at least that's what she said
'Cause she cleans up the house and makes every bed.
My mother's an angel - a queen in disguise -
Who teaches the gospel with tears in her eyes.
Today take these hats off, and please wear no other.
Let me do your work, to show
I LOVE YOU, MOTHER!
- Hat Box
- Hat Gift Basket - Turn a large hat upside down and fill with goodies.
- Wrap up with cellophane and ribbons as you would do a basket.
- Decorative Hat (as for a door)
- See the Door Prize Ideas
- Hats Off Mother's Day Sketch (this is an archived link--Spiritual Fruit)
- Many Hats Skit (Dramtix)
- Hat Skit Video (Hearts at Home Conference (You Tube)
- See the Skits Pages for more skit sources.
- No Suggestions
- Light Lunch
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
|Abbreviated Use Policy:
- The theme page ideas may be printed off for planning purposes; however, no permission is granted for reprinting the material to websites, blogs, message boards or online use of any kind.
- This includes no permission for submitting the ideas to other women's ministry forums (open or private -- member fee or free). Please make a link to this website if you want to share.
- Please do not submit the ideas to ministries, websites, magazines, book authors and publishers, or newsletters to be published on or off-line.
- This page is here as a free resource to help local church women's ministry groups. Thanks for respecting the User Policy in order for the outreach of this website to remain fruitful.
See the Full User Policy Here.