Hats Off to Mothers!
Women's Ministry Theme
Posted July 18, 2008
Honoring and appreciating godly mothers.
This theme revolves around recognizing Mothers. However; it can be changed to any group you'd like to honor, such as "Hats Off To Volunteers", "...Sunday School Teachers", "...Missionaries".
Theme Verse Suggestions
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. Proverbs 31:10
Strands of Pearls by Julia
Do a study of Colossians Chapter 3 or a Study on Proverbs 31
Volunteer Appreciation by Julia
Alternative Theme Titles
Hats Off To Godly Mothers!
Hats Off To Moms!
Hats Off To Volunteers (See the Volunteer Theme Page)
Hats Off To Sunday School Workers
Hats Off To Our Missionaries
A Woman of Many Hats
Filled to the Brim
Lots of different types of hats
Small hat boxes for centerpieces
Make centerpieces by turning any type hat upside down and filling with silk flowers and greenery.
Make a display of different types of hats.
Some suggestions would be nurse, bonnet, cowboy hat, etc.
Faith Of Our Mothers (hymn)
Mini Straw (craft) Hats. You could decorate them and add a verse tag.
Plastic Rain Hat (if in the spring)
Hat Bonnet Craft. See directions on my blog post here.
Paper Mache Hats. See directions on my blog post here.
Reeses Cup Hats. See directions on my blog post here.
See my blog for more creative favor ideas.
Hat Gift Basket
Turn a large hat upside down and fill with goodies.
Wrap up with cellophane and ribbons as you would do a basket.
Decorative Hat (as for a door)
Just for Fun
Have a Hat Contest.
Give prizes for the most unusual, prettiest, most creative, etc.
Have a Hat 'Parade'.
Have the ladies model their hats.
Make up a little narration for each.
Do a Straw Hat Craft.
Provide straw hats, silk flowers, ribbons, etc.
Do a Hat Box Decoupage Craft.
Provide hat boxes/shaker boxes (small paper mache ones are the most reasonable for large groups), printed paper to decoupage, such as magazines, wrapping paper, etc., Modge Podge, etc.
Share a few historical tidbits on the hat. (Check online for resources.)
List of Hats Mother's Wear:
- Taxi Hat/Chaffier - drive kids to all their sports, etc.
- Nurse - takes care of kids (and husband) when sick. Kisses the boo boos
- Detective/Sherlock Holmes - Detective to find things
- Garden/Straw Hat - gardening, yard work
- Maid - Cleaning
- Chef - cooking
- Top Hat - always have to be on top of things
- Baseball Cap - Coach and encourages in sports, etc.
- Construction/Hard Hat - Build things up, be strong when hard things come. Move around the furnitive and handy "woman"
- Dunce Cap - Some things we have to be quiet about as a mom. Can't always voice our opinion even though we may want to.
- Fireman/Emergency - steps in during an emergency
- Army Hat - Has to be a drill sargent. Discipline.
- Jester Hat - ability to juggle so many things
- Graduation Hat - Teacher
- Baby Bonnet - Baby our children. Being tender.
- Cowboy Hat - Wrangle those kids. Keep 'em on the trail.
- Bridal Veil - Being a wife
- Crown/Tiara - Child of God. Christian mother.
Copyright ©2008 Julia Bettencourt
Any Scripture quoted is in the King James Version.