For Womens Ministry Events
Door prizes can add that little extra touch to your retreats, banquets, or even monthly ladies
group meetings. It can be something simple such as a bookmark or range on up to something a
little more expensive such as a nice gift basket or large item. It all depends on your type of
meeting and your budget.
Word to the Wise
Copyright ©2001-2014 Julia Bettencourt
- Too many door prizes can detract from your event so don't make them the main focus. They are to enhance a function, not be the highlight. If you are having a one evening event, only one or a few might be appropriate. If you are having a several day event, you may want to spread them out over the time period.
- If you are having children, such as young girls at a Mother Daughter
Banquet, it's usually best to not allow the children to participate as feelings are easily hurt when
one child receives something and not another. Perhaps have a small gift to give out at door prize
time for each child.
Ways to Give Out Door Prizes
- Oldest Mother
- Youngest Mother
- Mother with most children (could stipulate the children being present)
- Mother with youngest child (could stipulate the child being present)
- Mother with most sons(could stipulate the sons being present)
- Mother with most daughters(could stipulate the daughters being present)
- Mother that traveled the farthest
- Mother that's been a member of your church the longest
- Mother that's been married the longest
- Mother that's been married the shortest
Any Type of Ladies Banquet, Retreat, or Ladies Meeting:
- First lady to recite a particular nursery rhyme without any mistakes
- First lady to sing a verse or chorus from a song without any mistakes (could be a hymn, popular song, or a children’s song)
- First lady that stands up who has read their Bible for that day (Have them share what they read about or studied)
- Lady with the longest hair
- Lady with the shortest hair
- Tallest lady
- Shortest lady
- Lady with the most pennies in their purse
- Lady with the most receipts in their purse
- Lady with the most apps on their phone
- Lady with the most contacts on their phone
- Lady with the most friends on Facebook
- Lady who has been married the longest
- Lady who has been married the shortest
- Lady who can run up a specific item to the speaker first, such as a red lipstick
- First lady who can find a nail file in their purse (or any specific item)
- First lady who can find deodorant in their purse.
- Lady with the tallest high heel
- Lady with the most buttons on their clothing
- Lady who brought the most friends (guests) along with her
Using Tickets or Numbers:
- Make sure you have tickets ready ahead of time and someone appointed to pass them
- For large events, you may want to purchase numbered tickets.
- For smaller group meetings, you can make door prize tickets. One way is to cut out
shapes from construction paper to go along with your theme or topic, such as 'fruit of the
Spirit', number fruit shapes to hand out, 'Fall', number back of leaf shapes, etc. Take
advantage of the computer, and make up your own door prize tickets. Use address label
settings as a guide.
- Try placing a ticket under each plate at a meal to be revealed later in your program.
- Have balloons blown up with small pieces of paper that say "prize" on one or two with
blank papers in the rest. Have each lady pop a balloon to read theirs.
- Check your local Dollar Tree store as they sometimes carry door prize tickets from time to time. Check both their school and wedding sections.
Attention Getter for Door prizes:
This is from my sister, who is a pastor's wife in Texas. They gather up all types of door
prizes (some from business, such as gift certificates to restaurants, etc. Their community
is great at donating to their ladies retreat each year.) One lady is in charge of handing out
all the goodies during the event. Every once in a while, out of the blue she rings a hand
bell (not during the speaking times) but during breaks, refreshments, meal and any other
appropriate time. Everyone stops what they are doing and she hands out a door prize.
The fun is that nobody knows when she's going to ring it.
Specific Door Prize Ideas
- Door Prizes For Women
- Door Prizes For Men
- Door Prizes For Couples
You are not permitted to reprint this material online or publish it in any way online or off. Only Publishing Exceptions: Individual churches may print the material in off-line newsletters and church bulletins. By using this website, you are binding yourself to these terms.
Best Way to Save These Ideas: Copy and paste into Word (or your document program) retaining copyright info. Adjust your fonts and print. Most of the pages on the website are too long to print out correctly by printing directly from online.